Friday, March 19, 2010

Finally a good night's sleep for mom...




Today is Friday and mom got a good night's sleep last night. The sad thing is, it is the first good night's sleep she had since last Saturday! That is five days of very little sleep and absolutely no REM sleep! I am only up with her every other night so I can catch up on my sleep, but I cannot imagine what she is going through! Everyone asks if she has her days and nights mixed up, but that is not the case because she is really not sleeping soundly during the day either. She slept for about 3 hours yesterday and we were so excited to see her some rest.


We are trying a new medication today to take the place of the Ativan and the sleeping pill. I guess the nurse talked with the hospice pharmacist and this is the med she recommended. We shall see....


Barry and I cleaned up our bikes today and went for a ride up the road. It about killed me..I am so out of shape!


Annie cooked some collard greens today...she had picked them last night...they are so good! Southern Food....ya gotta love it!


Above is a picture of mom getting her hair shampooed by Tiffany. I found the shampoo contraption on the internet and it works great! Tiffany is the CNA that comes in every day to bathe mom. She bathes mom in bed...then Annie lotions her down, put Oil of Olay on her face and vitamin E on all her Cumiden bruises. It is a daily spa treatment!


The other picture above shows Ann the day she wore two watches all day long and didn't even know it until she came her that night! We got a good laugh out of it...kind of an indicator of how preoccupied she has been lately huh! She works every morning at her church preschool and comes here every evening by 4:00 at the latest to help me get mom to bed. Thanks Ann!

1 comment:

  1. Gail,I've been reading your blog.What a beautiful way to express your feelings.It is wonderful that you and Barry are taking this time to be with Mom.
    You will always be glad you chose to do this.I know it has to be so hard.I am so impressed at the way your family is taking care of Cille.
    She is blessed to have children that care so much.She has been a wonderful Mom and now you all are being wonderful children.
    It was so nice seeing all of you.
    I do think of you often.I have you and your family in my prayers.
    I loved the picture of Ann with two watches on.That looks like something I would do!!
    Now you just have to take it one moment at the time.....You all ARE doing everything possible for your Mom!!LOVE ALL OF YOU!! MARILYN

    ReplyDelete