Friday, March 12, 2010

48 hours with little sleep....


This is mom's bedroom. We have a hopital bed in it with a twin bed next to it.

Mom has been going through some rough nights. Her mind must be just racing! She can't be settled down. We are giving her Adivan which is supposed to help, but it just does not seem to work. We are trying to adjust dosage and frequency with the help of hospice...but nothing seems to work. We will keep trying. She went 48 hours with nearly no sleep...slept one night...then another 48 with no sleep. Thursday night I was in her room laying on the bed beside her and I held her hand nearly all night..but she still could not go to sleep. At about 1:30...I took out some paper and began to write down the things she was saying. I don't think you can read these and not agree that mom is seeing glimpses of a world that we will all be a part of some day. She wants to go to her eternal home. The other day I asked her if dad (Paul) was at home and she said "yes", then I said,"What about your mom and dad." She said,"They are there too".
Here are the things I wrote down....
1:30 am "Mess up here- its already messed up. Dont say it, Miss Annie I wanna go home- Keep calling me- uh uh" (falls asleep)
1:35 am "Miss Annie- come in here- this is up here, up here, up here" (sleep) "Let me go home, this is my house, please let us go home'
1:40 am "Miss Annie- me go over yonder. I want to go home. Miss Annie, Miss Annie to come over here. Miss Annie, Miss Annie.
ME:Mom, I with you. I love you.
"All of this up in here"
"I dont want to roll over that way."
ME- "you can stay where you are"
"Happy Happy the day before. Can we go back?"
me- "back where?"
"Up there" (sleep)
1:45 Nothing going on in here
ME: How about going to sleep
I have one every time we go to work on the other thing.
ME: What thing?
The other thing. Let me roll over.
I ROLL HER OVER>2:00
"Turn it over here...Turn it over here." (falls asleep)
"Me and Ann are cold in there. Let me go over here. I can't do that. Miss Annie, Miss Annie, Miss Annie"
"Now are we over here. (Points to mirror) Over there. Me, me, me over there. I'm going over here. Miss Annie...teacher."
I roll her over again and she sleeps...snoring a bit...yahoo!!!
She sleeps until morning. I always hate to wake her up for breakfast but if I don't, she is weak and gets off schedule for her pills. I have to get her up by 8:30 and feed her by 9:00 to make sure she does not get too weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment