Friday, April 30, 2010

Resting Peacefully...

I cannot believe that it is Friday! The last time I wrote about mom, I had no idea she would be here for so long. I really thought we would be having a funeral by the weekend. She is breathing and we are still with her. My theory is that she is hanging around because she is enjoying seeing all her "kids" hanging out together. It has been an amazing week being able to spend so much time bonding and I know it is making mom so happy! Today, mom is breathing very calmly and she seems very comfortable...for that I am so thankful! I have found myself not wanting to leave her today...

At 10:30 this morning, I was sitting with mom writing this blog and before I could finish...mom passed away...very slowly and peacefully. The day has been crazy...I am tired....later I will share the experience. I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Gail so are truely a amazing woman so much like Cille. i have enjoyed spending time with you and getting to see your boys again. They are very big boys!! I know that Aunt lucille is sittin in heaven with Uncle Pauls arms wrapped around her. Im sure that Grandma May and Grandpa May are so happy to have her back with them. This time is difficult b/c i cant stand seein my grandma so upset and plus i couldnt even begin to imagine not havin my grandma here with me. It scares me so much and i think it scares her too. She has/had such a strong bond with her siblings and she told me today that Cille was her rock. She told me that she has told her goodbye so many times in this life when Cillie would leave with Paul and Grandma said that she would cry for days when they would leave. Cillie told her a long time ago that she would have to go through alot of heartache watchin all of them wither away. but that they will all be preparin her a special place in heaven around gma Mays table. I know that the May Siblings will all be together again one day sittin at Gma Mays table talkin and laughin like they did along time ago. Anyway I just want to say that I love you and thank you for all you have done to take care of Grandmas sister.

    ReplyDelete