Sunday, April 11, 2010

Meet My Brother Larry!!!


What can I say about Larry...except that he is an amazing guy! When Daddy died, Larry was in junior high school. I remember the priest taking us into a room and having us stand as a family in a circle holding hands. The priest then said that we were like a chain and that we needed to always be there for each other so that the chain would never be broken. He then turned to Larry and said..."You are the oldest...it is up to you to take care of your mom and brothers and sisters". (I am sure these quotes are not exact...but it has been a few years!) As I look back on that situation, I think about what a burden that was to put on such a little boy, but Larry seems to have taken that challenge to heart. He cared so much about each one of us and I always knew that I could call on him no matter what I was struggling with. I think what touches my heart the most is how much he loves our mom. When she was strong, he loved to take her traveling. One time he took mom and Aunt Doris to New York to do some Christmas shopping and Aunt Doris told me that he was so patient and kind to them. He would take bags to the room for them when their arms got too full and he never seemed to get tired or frustrated with them...but that is just Larry! Mom went all over the world with Larry and she talked about their trips every chance she got!


When I got married, Larry did not stop caring about me and he showed it by the love he showed Barry and our boys. We were so broke when we got married and he managed to find little ways to help us out. He bought the boys an Atari game system one Christmas which was something we never would have been able to afford. Flying was always a big part of Larry's life and the boys really learned to love flying from him. He had a small plane and they always looked forward to trips with Larry every chance they got!



Larry lives in Sanford which is a couple of hours from here. He comes home every weekend to be with mom and give me a break. I look forward to the break...but also enjoy the time we spend together. Seeing Larry and mom together is so sweet...they have a special bond...I know he is having a hard time seeing her like she is...we all are...But one thing I know for sure...that chain that the priest was talking about...it is an eternal chain...and our family will be together forever....it's Heavenly Father's plan!!!

2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed getting to know your siblings a bit through your blog! I love the idea of an eternal chain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry is a great uncle. I remember him teaching me little science things all the time. He taught me Newtons laws on a camping trip. He told me to punch him in the arm. I did. He punched me back. "Every action has an equal and opposite and reaction". I've never forgotten the 3rd Law!

    ReplyDelete