Thursday, February 25, 2010

Meet my sister Ann...

It just occurred to me that I talk about my sister Ann as if everyone knows her. I decided that it is time to introduce her! Ann is 13 months older than I am and we have always been close. Of course when we were younger, we had our little spats. Like the time she cut the Levi tag off the back of my jeans when I let her borrow them..how could she!?? Or, the time I gave her some curtains..she bought rods and hung them...then I asked for them back when I needed them again...hey...seemed logical to my twenty something year old mind!!! Ann is a retired elementary school teacher and she loves kids! Her husband, Larry, is a retired fireman. They have two daughters, Kira and Joni. Ann and Larry have never lived anywhere but her in our hometown of Louisburg! It is so nice to have Ann nearby and as you can imagine, hardly a day goes by that she is not out here to see mom. I am loving the time I get to spend with her!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for introducing us to Anne. She looks like you. WE miss you here but I love what you are doing for your Mom! She's so lucky to have you and Barry there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello... My name is Lyn Erickson and I am one of your daughter in law's aunties. (I am married to one of John's older brothers, Pat.) He just emailed the family letting us know that we are not the only ones in the family that are struggling with helping parents...and shared your blog address. My father had Alzheimer's the last 5 year of his life and actually lived in our home with us for two fo those years with a 24 hour caretaker so my heart and my sisters' hearts are so with you. While I must admit that I am still crying after reading the Alzheimer's poem that you posted... it really was such a blessed time to be able to care for and take care of our Dad - even though in the last couple years he didn't seem to know us at all. He was 80 when he passed away and while many people told us that it 'was a blessing,' we really didn't think so. You just develop a love for your Alzheimer's father and there just doesn't ever seem like there is a good time to lose your parents. (I am going to have a discussion with God when I get to heaven... he really goofed on this one. Your parents should definitely NOT pass away until you do... now I do realize this presents a few challenges, but our God is All-knowing - He should be able to figure it out! :) I want you to know that I will be following your blog and we will include you, your Mom and family in our prayers. We were not able to attend Dana and Nick's wedding but hopefully soon we will be able to meet you. We are very impressed with your son, Nick... we feel Dana is very lucky. God Bless... and enjoy this special time with your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lyn, Thank you so much for your comment. It was comforting to my sister and I as we read it. I am excited to meet you someday but in the meantime do you have an Email that I can contact you ...i have so many questions! Gail

    ReplyDelete