Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lucille May Romero...what a woman!!!

This picture was taken this past summer when we were all home for Kira's wedding. I had not seen it until today. Mom looks so good. This was taken in front of her home where Barry and I are living now.

Yesterday we were told that mom would be able to come home today and we were getting all geared up for that. Today the doctor informed us that her Hemoglobin count was low and that her INR level was high... so she needed to stay there one more day. Tomorrow will be the day. The hospital social worker called a meeting of my sister, Ann and brother Larry and I a couple of days ago. It was a tough meeting because they suggested to us that we call in Hospice. That makes things seem so final but they explained to us that it is the best way to get the services that mom will need. After they explained what Hospice can do, it made me feel so much better bringing her home. I just hope I can bring her lots of joy and happiness while at the same time, keeping her as safe and comfortable as possible. I know that with help of Annie, her best friend and my brothers and sisters, it will be fine! I love that sweet momma!!!

2 comments:

  1. Gail! I clicked on the link thinking I may see a post or two - but look at you go! You are doing awesome with this blogging thing. I'm so proud! Love yo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hospice is WONDERFUL! WE had it with George's mom and with my Aunt Mary. It was so good to have someone to call when there was a question. I also appreciated the daily nursing visits for baths and that kind of thing. It really did help us all.

    ReplyDelete